|Martabak Manis with Nutella and Crushed Peanut|
- 1/2 tbsp yeast
- 1 cup milk (supposed to be coconut milk, but yeahhh)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp butter (I wish I had Blue Band / Wijsman)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp water
- In small bowl, warm up the milk and mix the yeast in.
- In another bowl, mix the shifted flour, sugar and salt
- Once you see a bubbles on milk + yeast mixture, pour it in into the dry ingredients bowl. Mix well.
- Cover it up with a damp clothes and let it rest for 2-3 hours (until you see a lot of bubbles form on the top layer)
- Melt butter and pour in the egg. (make sure the butter is not too hot or else it will cook the egg and make sure the egg is on room temperature so that it wont bring the butter back to its solid form)
- Dissolve baking soda into the water and mix it into the egg mixture.
- Pour the egg mixture to the flour mixture. Mix until it blend well.
- Preheat the skillet ( I used teflon frying pan) with LOW HEAT. Grease the pan and sides with a little butter. Pour the batter, cover and cook until you can see bubbles.(Ensure that your heat is LOW so that the skin doesn’t burn)
- And voilaaaaa, topping time. :)
For the topping I used, nutella and crushed peanut. In Indonesia, they usually use chocolate sprinkles (meises), cheese, crushed peanut and sesame seeds plus condensed milk. But, i do not have it and too lazy to go find' em, so I just used what I had. Also, I found out, my martabak manis is a bit too dry. So, you might need to add some more butter.
It took me less time to finish the martabak rather than making it. Haha. yes, it is because of the yeast! well, it's okay, i miss martabak so badly. Planning to make ronde jahe this weekend, will post about it after. *grin*